Saturday, March 13, 2010

Leading Man

58/365

Yesterday, my friend Natalie and I did something that I rarely do: We went to the movies. With the theater prices the way that they are these days, I am what you call a repeat renter. This being said, there is one celebrity actor that can swindle the $10.50 from my pocket and get me to the movies: Rob Pattinson.

To be perfectly honest, I had hardly any idea what this movie was about because the previews had been less than informative. All I knew was that this actor captured my attention. I had faith that he would deliver and make my efforts to see him worthwhile. After all, is that not why actors are paid so extravagantly…their ability to capture an audience and deliver on that attention? Therefore, long story short, we went to the movies…on blind faith alone.

Mark 5: 27-28
“When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” - NIV

Blind faith. The woman in this story knew nothing of Jesus Christ apart from reputation. She had been much to ill to travel and become a follower. She had not witnessed His previous miracles or heard His spiritual lessons. The sheer presence of this amazing man gave her hope and faith about her condition. With no regard for the potential consequences of her action, she reached out.

Could we all be so faithful? There is something to be said about a man that produces followers. When the woman touched Him, Jesus responded. He asked, “Who touched me?” Do not think for a second that the Almighty was not aware of the hand that reached for Him. He knew. He knows.

We must own our actions and the faith behind them. Most of all, we must be fully aware of who exactly we are reaching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment