Sunday, March 7, 2010

Best of the Best

52/365

In college, when I first began to walk with Christ, it was a daunting time. Immediately after praying the Sinner’s prayer, my mind focused on all of the things that were going to have to change in my life in order for me to be a good Christian.

There was no way I could stay working as a Jack Daniel’s Girl, and be a Christian. There was no way I could continue to smoke cigarettes on an hourly basis, and be a Christian. There was no way I could continue to listen to R&B music, and be a Christian. There was no way I could keep wearing my 4-inch red stilettos downtown on Friday nights, and be a Christian. Then it hit me…there was no way…I could be a Christian.

I wasn’t ready. The life I was leading, while rebellious at times, was still my life. How could I change everything? If I became a Christian, I would have nothing left.

1 Corinthians 7:20
“Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.” – NIV

How many are lost from Christ due to incorrect assumptions? Sadly, it has become a common delusion that “changes” are in order if you are to present yourself in front of the King, so much so, that most would rather not even bother. How odd that this “alteration order” was never from our Lord.

God calls us as we are. He wants us in our weakness. He wants us in our brokenness. Most of all, He simply wants us.

Never change yourself to go to God. Go to God, and He will change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment