Monday, May 17, 2010

Stationary Situation

123/365

Yesterday, my computer broke. The stupid thing has looked like death’s door for the past year and it finally succumbed to defeat. On a laptop, the monitor is attached to the base by two sets of screws. There is a little piece of plastic that holds the entire thing together, or should I say, there was a little piece of plastic. This malfunction has made transporting the computer an impossibility. We cannot afford to have the one computer in our house unusable, so now it must remain stationary for the sake of preservation.

This may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but I assure you, if you had a daily blog you would understand the trouble. I’m not really sure what to do now. My company blocks the blog site, so posting from there is not a solution. Due to the traffic on GA, writing before I leave is not an option either. I am officially stuck, all because of one little piece of broken plastic.

It is amazing to me how quickly things can fall apart. I do not mean to sound melodramatic, but I truly feel the presence of Satan in this little nuisance. At first, the cold weather stood in my way. Then, the rain was an issue that came in-between my comfort and commitment to this project. Now, after withstanding both forces, the only tool at my disposal ruptures. How can I not recognize the symptoms of spiritual warfare?

2 Corinthians 4:18
“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. “- NIV

We are often blind to the battle going on around us, blind because we only see with our eyes. We are often caught unprepared or ill-equipped because we did not watch for the enemy approaching. Fully equipped soldiers are utterly useless if they are not alert to enemy advance, or are not in constant communication with higher command. Watchmen who sleep while on duty endanger the lives of everyone who depend upon their vigilance, including themselves. It is my hope that by recognizing the influence of warfare on my little laptop, God will instruct me on how to withstand.

Like it or not, our world is not a playground…it is a battleground.

No comments:

Post a Comment