Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scattered T-Storms

122/365

I would assume that all of us could go on for hours if asked to discuss the struggles we have faced in life. I know that if I were to describe the last five years of my adulthood, the storms would be part of what defined me.

Yes, the storms in our life are what break us, but they also have much to do with what makes us. Regardless, when the storm is over and we are left with only reminders of the lessons learned, I find myself wondering: Why did I even have to endure that?

One of the hindrances to a faithful response to Jesus in the storms of our lives is our acute awareness that He let us get into the storm to begin with. Shouldn’t we have a Savior that can navigate around storms instead of pulling us out from within? Shouldn’t we follow a Lord who can see these things coming? I mean, for goodness sake, what kind of man is this?

Matthew 8:27
“What kind of man is this?” – NIV

Of course, we have a King who could navigate around the storms. Of course, we have a Lord who knows all that is to come. It is by natural design that the winds of the world and the storms in the sky must obey the Creator. He is the King of all creation.

When we think that we prefer our personal comfort instead of the storming winds, we are actually choosing stagnancy over fulfillment. We must realize that we can’t really know the Savior until we are saved. We cannot know our Redeemer until we need redemption. We must face the storms in life that lead us to ask: What kind of man is this?

As sure as ever God puts his children in the furnace, He will be in the furnace with them. – Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment