Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Sadie

117/365

Last night, Brian and I had the pleasure of meeting our good friend’s new addition. Her name is Sadie Isabelle and she was born Friday morning at Northside Forsyth. Some other friends of ours were visiting at the same time and little Sadie kept being passed around. Everyone wanted to hold her. Everyone wanted to see her. Everyone, but me. Her precious little body was so small that I couldn’t shake the image of me manhandling her. What if her little head slipped through my arms? What if her little hat fell off? No, it was definitely safer for me to assume the role of bystander.

There I was, enjoying my position as an onlooker, when everyone started telling me to hold her. What could I do! For a Christian small group there was intense peer pressure! :) Begrudgingly, I washed my hands…extra slowly. I sat down and Brian gave me little Sadie. What a fool I was being! She was just precious. It didn’t take me two minutes to be grateful for my peer-pressuring small group because I was so happy to be holding her.

Psalm 115:13
“He will bless those who fear the Lord— small and great alike.” - NIV

As I sat there and held the beautiful, and tiny, baby Sadie, I was reminded of God’s power. It is kind of crazy how something so small could make me think so big. When you have a newborn child in your arms, you can’t help but think that God is not just Lord of the incomprehensibly big…He is also Lord over the infinitely small as well. The same God that moves mountains and parts seas, the same God that saves nations and judges sin, the same God with roars of a lion…He is the same God who lives inside the tiny heart of Sadie Isabelle.

Sometimes the smallest miracles are what make God so big.

2 comments:

  1. This one made me cry sweetheart.
    This is just a token of the love and pleasure I felt the first time I held you in my arms.
    I still get that feeling every time I get a hug from you. Now you know my secret as to why i always need a hug hello and goodbuy.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. anad inbetween!!!

    ReplyDelete