Monday, August 16, 2010

Assembly

214/365

Sometimes, I just love Scripture. I love how, no matter what opinions people have of Him, God certainly has a sense of humor. I truly believe that God watches the events as they take place in our lives, and at times, we would be able to find Him smiling.

Today, for example, I sat in a meeting where time literally went to die. After four hours of what can only be called awkward assembly, I left almost more confused than I went in. Nothing productive was accomplished. Not at a single time did anyone appear to really have a "plan". And, if one was to take a quick survey of the room, most of the people weren't even paying attention. The amount of time that was collectively wasted in that room is just plain laughable.

It is times like this when I can't help but wonder...what am I freaking doing here?

Acts 19:32
The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another. Most of the people did not even know why they were there.

I suppose it is a little comforting to know that these confusing meetings are not exactly "new" things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment