Monday, July 12, 2010

Think Big

180/365

Today I am finding myself wondering: What has my faith done for me lately? It sounds like a completely arrogant question to propose, and one that I probably should be embarrassed to even write, but I’m serious. What in this life has my faith done for me?

The gospels are filled with verse after verse of changes made by faith. Consider a few:

Luke 18:42
“Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." – NIV

Mark 5:34
“Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." – NIV

Matthew 15:28
“Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." – NIV

So, as I re-examine my life, once again I say: What has my faith done for me?
We know that all blessings come from God. He is the author of everything good and nothing that we obtain will even be derived out of personal merit. Knowing these facts, we might ask another question: Why does everything seem to depend on the faith of us…the recipients?

As Christians, should we be considering faith the currency of heaven? When faith is small, God seems to be so distant. When faith is great, God reveals Himself greater still. Perhaps, just maybe, faith is not something for us to understand. Maybe faith is a mystery that we will never comprehend this side of heaven. But, rest assured, there is one thing that we can do…make sure we are seeing things clearly.

An awful lot depends on how we actually see our heavenly Father. If we see Him as hard and begrudging, we will find Him to be so. If we see Him as able, willing and magnificent, we will find Him to be so to our own delight. It is very likely that God is acting in exactly the way our faith expects Him to.

Want big answers to our prayers? Pray big prayers and know the size of the God we seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment