Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friend or Foe

170/365

Over the course of my life, it has become apparent how much God has looked after me. It always seems that when I find myself alone and lost, God manages to put someone in my life that can keep my heart full. Even if it is only for a season, I truly feel that His hands are what lead me into all of my relationships.

After I graduated from college, I was living in Marietta with no friends to call upon. It was a depressing time for me realizing that I had let my life become so isolated. As if magically called upon, my friend Kelly just came into my life and provided me with so many life experiences, without whom, would never have taken place.

As I grew older, and what I needed out of peers changed, the Lord raised up my best friend Raven. He orchestrated the events in both our lives so that we could move to Alpharetta together and begin a new season of life, a season that I now treasure as her last. And when it was time for her to leave this world, God blessed me with the man who is now my husband.

But, with the good, will also come the bad. God will not only bless our lives with dear friends who remain loyal and kind, there are also those who’s very presence challenges us. They are not always kind. They are not always pleasant. In fact, after some time, you begin to know them as simply, callous.

I have found, in my experience, that these individuals…these who would break you down so much as talk about you…are the ones that matter. These are the few that give you opportunities to really be an example, to show the true, unwarranted, love of Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 45:7
“I form light and create darkness, I make harmonies and create discords. I, God, do all these things.” – The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment