Monday, July 19, 2010

Patience, Patience

187/365

Today is just awful. I am, literally, about to lose my mind in numbers and calculations. I’m pretty sure that the person who is responsible for the development of Microsoft Access and Excel is straight from the underworld. My formulas are corrupted, my stress level is rising and my Dr. Pepper stash is taking a serious hit.

I hate to be writing about work…again…but these days I feel like it is all that I have going on. When you are spending all of your time, energy and patience on one activity is there really anything else?

I never thought that I would be a person who lost herself in responsibility. It was only a little while ago that my days consisted of nothing more than reading the Word and watching some lectures on the New Testament. Now, I look back, and don’t even recognize that lifestyle anymore. I spend all of my time establishing my career, earning a living and achieving my goals that my life has become one of entrepreneurship instead of discipleship.

Oh Jesus, wonderful and understanding Jesus. The Son of God knows full well my tendency to focus on making a life for myself, its a little commonality amongst us all.

At least, I can see a light at the end of this tumultuous tunnel. I actually believe that my life is going to get back to normal in a very short while and I am grateful to know that I have a Savior who has been waiting for me the entire time.

Nehemiah 9:30
“For many years you were patient with them.” - NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment