Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Radical Repellant

138/365

I am going to be the first one to bring attention to my appearance this morning; I officially look as though I have just emerged from combat. After a long weekend at the lake, my legs and arms appear viciously beaten. I have red lumps covering my lower legs and enlarged discoloration on both my forearms. The guilty party…stupid ol’ mosquitoes!

Those little pests have lurked around me since Friday. More often than not, I do not even know they are there until I notice the aftermath of their presence. Sly and devious in their maneuvers, I have to wonder what good they do being in my existence. There isn’t a pest repellant in the world that has proven to be 100% effective against this unknown force of irritation. No matter what precautions are taken, they are a force to be reckoned with!

1 Peter 5:8
“Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” - NIV

I have heard, time and time again, how calculating Satan is. He is like a ferocious lion on the prowl. He is the most dominant demonic force in existence. He is in constant battle luring souls daily for his spiritual warfare. All of these descriptions, while truthful at times, seem to overlook the most valuable tool at his disposal: his concealment.

Satan is not always the massive rival that we come to anticipate. No, more often than not, Satan is the unrevealed force that corrupts us in disguise. His secrecy and invisibility only make him more successful in breaking us down. A thief in the night does not come in with weapons raised and bombs blasting, a thief never announces his presence. Most of the time, the only evidence that we have of a demonic presence, is the destructive aftermath left behind.

As believers, we shouldn’t be so on guard for demonic lions that we miss the even more destructive mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment