Friday, June 11, 2010

Joy of Creation

148/365

I know that I have mentioned this in my postings before, but I’m not above saying it again…I love ceramics. My favorite thing that I ever made was not for any functional purpose, no, it was simply a treat for the eyes. After days and days of arduous labor and concentration, my vision was complete: I had made an extremely lifelike rendition of the Taco Bell Chihuahua sitting in a bubble bath.

You may be thinking to yourself, “She made what?” Don’t be deceived my friends. While it was true that my creation had no special purpose or function to complete, it did not matter. I didn’t create this masterpiece so that I would have an easier life or yet another tool at my disposal. I created this work of art to simply enjoy.

Luke 10:41-42
“Martha, …you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.” – NIV

God is an artist. Sometimes, in our daily lives, we forget that, above all else, God is a creator. And what does every creator want out of life…to enjoy their creation.
Yes, as children of the King, we are called to serve God. There is no dispute about this among believers; the Bible is quite clear on this topic. However, in our humanity, we tend to forget that God never calls us to serve Him at the expense of knowing Him.

No parents ever have children for practical purposes. We do not choose to create life so that we could have an extra hand around the house or an extra arm to hold the door. No, we have children to enjoy them, to know them. So it is with our heavenly Father.

God will use us all, this is true, but not before He thoroughly enjoys our company.

No comments:

Post a Comment