Friday, January 22, 2010

Team Edward

8/365

A few months ago, my life was blessed with the introduction of Twlight. For those of you who have not heard of this, where have you been?! Twilight is a book (and now movie) series about the relationship of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen…who happens to be a vampire. Do not let the vampire plot fool you; these are the four best pieces of literary genius that I have ever been a part of (Bible aside). When you read them, you become them. When you watch them, you feel them.

Even now, months after completing the fourth and final installment, I get, literally, excited when I find a chance to break them into conversations. I tell others of the joy I felt when reading them. I BEG my friends and peers to give it a chance because I know the story will overcome them! I seek out those who have not read Twilight and automatically offer up my copies if that means that another will join in the saga! Arrogantly, I say that I have turned more than one person onto the series. I cannot think of another thing that I have promoted more.

Wow. I cannot think of another thing that I have promoted more.

Matthew 28: 19-20
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you.” – NIV

“Commission” is defined as the authority given to carry out a particular task. God says: “Go.” His words are not an invitation; they are a command. As believers, we are called to take the initiative in spreading the good news. How easy it is to spread the confidence that I have in Twlight, but remain hesitant when faith is concerned. I have not shared my excitement. I have not begged my friends and peers to just give Him a chance. Worst of all, I have not sought out anyone for Christ.

Well, I do believe that I have failed miserably at my first, and only, assignment. And yet, here I sit, practically expecting God to raise me up for my next mission.

Thought for the day:
"I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light" -- John Keith Falconer

No comments:

Post a Comment