Sunday, January 17, 2010

Final Words

3/365

A couple of Sundays ago, I heard a message at church stressing the importance of knowing who you want to be. With the New Year, everyone was trying to make resolutions of what they wanted to do with their lives. Andy Stanley said that we must first decide who we want to be, because who we are determines what we do.

In an effort to ultimately determine who I want to become, I listed the words that I want to be spoken of me at the time of my passing. In other words, how I want to be remembered by those that I loved the most. At the conclusion of this exercise, were the five words that I hope to model my life after in all aspects moving forward.


Kindness – A wise woman once told me that Kindness was love in action. I pray that God can train my heart to be kind to those I love, but more often, kind to those I do not. I want my words to build others up.

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.”
Colossians 3:12 – NLT

Generous – Generous with my time, finances, acceptance, forgiveness, prayer and affection.

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. ... Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” - 1 Timothy 6:6-7

Maternal – I can’t wait to be a mother and guide my children in the way of the Lord. Raise them to praise Him, depend on Him, know Him and love Him.

"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." – Proverbs 22:6

Faithful – Walking with Christ all the steps of my life. Furthering His Kingdom before my own and always staying true to the course outlined for me.

“Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.” – 1 Timothy 3:11

Passionate – Passion for my husband, my faith, my Savior and my calling.

“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” – 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment