Friday, September 10, 2010

Redemption

238/365

I just heard some of the most disappointing news today. A certain Christian musician, who I have a great amount of respect and admiration for, has recently made it public that he has been involved in an extra-marital affair for five years out of his six year marriage. This man has been significantly influential in the lives of high school students and can only be called one of their greatest role models...or, could be called.

At first, when I heard this news, I was incredibly disappointed. I couldn't believe how someone so obviously in tune with the Lord could wander so far from home. Yes, yes, we all are prone to wanderings...but this guy? This guy has made a living at walking uprightly and if he can lose his footing...what does that mean for the rest of us?

The longer I thought about it on my way home, the more I began to see this life event for what it actually was: The exact makings of an incredible story of redemption.

Only with God can we witness such events that will shake the very foundations of our faith and still see what amazing work He could do. This man now has the honor of being forgiven and raised up from what can only be called the bottom of the barrel.

"I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more."

Isaiah 43:25

No comments:

Post a Comment