Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Go Dawgs

90/365

I am a Georgia Bulldog. I graduated from UGA in 2004 when the university was ranked seventh among all party schools. I would like to say that my feet walked a straight and narrow path; however, this could not be farther from the truth. My first two years of college can be classified as a disappointing blur. I slept instead of studied. I promoted alcohol instead of purity. I used my sorority for T-shirts instead of relationships. At a time when I could have experimented with a variety of ministry options, I experimented with substance instead. It shames me to say that, at this time, my faith actually was smaller than a mustard seed.

It is an odd feeling to graduate from college, look back, and realize that there was not a single thing that you would do the same way. All I see when I look at my college album is wasted time. I could have built myself such a great foundation there but, instead, it just becomes a matter of could of, would of, should of.

2 Corinthians 5:10
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” – NIV

Make no mistake about it: At the end of our earthly lives, we will all be held responsible for the manner in which we lived. What did we do with the time we were given? Will this be a time of celebration or a time of despair?

Not one of us will be able to plead a case of ignorance on judgment day, for we all know the manner in which to live. God gave us the most perfect example to follow in Jesus Christ, and if that was not enough, He also wrote it all down. There will not be another chance to rectify our choices. There will not be an excuse big enough to cover a faithless life. It will not simply be another case of could of, would of, should of.

When our time comes, will we be living with Christ or living with our past?

No comments:

Post a Comment