Monday, October 18, 2010

Great Works

259/365

In my Bible studies recently, I have spent much time in the Old Testament. Among the reoccurring themes of disobedience, mercy and judgment, one thing is standing out far more than the rest: God’s description of Himself. Over and over again, we read of God describing Himself simply by the works He has done: “I am God, who has done…”

Isaiah 46:9
“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God…”

Exodus 29:46
“They will know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them.” – NIV

Numbers 15:41
I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 22:33
“…and who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD.” – NIV

Reading this, and recognizing the importance of actions on character, I can’t help but wonder: How do I think of the Lord? Is He the God who has not given me the job I desire? Is He the God who has not heard my unspoken prayers? Is He the God who is too busy to bless my life with more than I deserve?

OR, Is He the God who saves me? Is He the God who delivers me? Is He the God who comforts me, encourages me, protects me and, in fact, blesses me?

The way I see it, it’s all in the perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment